8 Reasons to Own a Pergola
Hot enough for you? In the sizzling Utah summer, we could all use an opportunity to cool off every once in a while. A chance to relax and enjoy a welcome break in the shade and a reprieve from the searing heat. A Pergola can provide exactly that in your back yard. You may be on the fence about owning a Pergola, or you may never even have considered one before. But this simple yet beautiful structure can transform your outdoor space and benefit your garden in a number of wonderful ways. Here are just a few great reasons to own a Pergola…
- They provide shade and shelter from the elements – One of the many great things about a Pergola is that they can provide protection from the elements. On those hot sunny days it can give you a welcome reprieve from the intense Utah sun. If you have a Pergola with an additional optional canopy, it can also provide shelter when it rains.
- They provide a clearly defined and functional space – It’s always nice to be able to compartmentalize your space. A Pergola affords you a clearly defined space in which to entertain guests or dine outside. It also provides a great focal point for your back yard’s aesthetic, especially if you don’t already have a patio or deck.
- They afford you the opportunity to do cool things with plants – We all know that proximity to beautiful plants is not only aesthetically pleasing but a real boon for our mental health. And a Pergola provides you with a plethora of opportunities. You can hang plants in baskets. You can grow clematis, ivy or honeysuckle from the ground up. Your only limit is your imagination.
- They give you the privacy you need – Want to be able to relax or sunbathe in your garden away from the prying eyes of your neighbors. A Pergola makes it easy to do just that, enhancing your enjoyment of your garden while also safeguarding your privacy.
- They’re easy to install – Your free time is both limited and precious. And there’s nothing more frustrating than committing yourself to a DIY task that becomes and endless and irritating slog. The good news is that a Pergola’s simple yet beautiful structure is surprisingly quick and easy to install. They’re made from pre-cut wood and come with all the hardware you’ll need. All you need to do is provide the tools and a little elbow grease.
- They’re really versatile – A Pergola can be whatever you want it to be. It can be a shaded and plant-filled space in which you can relax with a book and a glass of wine after a hard day. It can be a place in which you can entertain guests at a barbecue or dinner party. You’ll always be able to find a new use for your Pergola.
- They can add value to your home – That’s right! As well as the value you’ll feel every day from having a beautiful and relaxing outdoor space, with attractive landscaping experts believe that a Pergola can add as much as 20% to your home’s value.
- They’re gorgeous! – Finally, beauty is its own reward. Every time you look at your Pergola you’ll get a little spark of pleasure at its aesthetic beauty and near-limitless function. Now that’s what we call value!